Here’s a terrific coleslaw to include with all the fixings for your holiday meal. Just dice up apples and cabbage, whisk the sauce, and don’t forget the pretty red cranberries.
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine the cream, sugar, cumin seeds, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, cranberries and apples. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Cabbage Salad in Country Extra November 2008, p51
Reviews for Thanksgiving Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review