Thanksgiving Bread Recipe
This bread combines two Thanksgiving standbys—cranberries and pumpkin. Serve it on the big day or make it with leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC