This bread combines two Thanksgiving standbys—cranberries and pumpkin. Serve it on the big day or make it with leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Thanksgiving Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review