This bread combines two Thanksgiving standbys—cranberries and pumpkin. Serve it on the big day or make it with leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast.
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Thanksgiving Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2015
"Great flavor of both pumpkin and cranberry."
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2010
"made this last night (9-29-2010). did add 1 teaspoon vanilla and used 1 cup of whole berry cranberry sauce, as I did not have cranberries on hand. very moist, delicate pumpkin taste. a definite keeper!"