- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 2 chopped ripe pears
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 medium Gala apples
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, juice and whiskey until blended. Stir in the pears, dried plums and raisins.
- Cut a 1/2-in. slice off the top of each apple. Hollow out remaining apple, reserving centers and leaving a 1/2-in. thick shell. Chop centers, discarding center cores and seeds. Add chopped apple to pear mixture; toss to combine.
- Place hollowed out apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill with pear mixture; spoon remaining mixture around apples.
- Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove apples to dessert plates. Transfer remaining fruit mixture to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is syrupy. Spoon over apples. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Baked Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p115
Reviews for Thanksgiving Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review