This delicious dip is full of flavor, color and crunch, but not full of calories. There's mild sweetness from the honey with a bit of heat at the end from the pepper flakes. If spicy food is your thing, feel free to add an extra dash of pepper. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce and honey until blended. Stir in sour cream, yogurt, spinach, water chestnuts, pepper, green onions, cilantro, mint and pepper flakes. Refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours. Serve with assorted vegetables. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Thai Veggie Dip in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p12
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Thai Veggie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2013
"Great, Easy.. I MadeA Little More Spicy With Hot Chili Paste."