Add some zip to a meal with this spicy vegetable dish. A contrast of crispy and tender vegetables in a spicy sauce over rich and creamy coconut rice. You won't believe it's low in calories! —Melody Savage, Lawrence, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add beans and
- asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the mushrooms, pepper and carrot
- in oil for 4 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper
- flakes; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add beans and asparagus; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield:
- 8 servings.