Thai Turkey Burgers Recipe
- SPICY PEANUT SLAW:
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter and chili paste. Add the remaining slaw ingredients; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, garlic and chili paste. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with slaw. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger with 1/3 cup slaw equals 461 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.