Thai Turkey Burgers Recipe
- SPICY PEANUT SLAW:
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter and chili paste. Add the remaining slaw ingredients; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, garlic and chili paste. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with slaw. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 461 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Thai Turkey Burgers
"If you don't like spicy, adjust the chili paste. Loved it and will make again"