Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. For dressing, in a blender, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tofu, onions, carrots, red pepper, 1/2 cup peanuts and remaining cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 507 calories, 43 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.