- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu, onions, carrots, red pepper, 1/2 cup peanuts and remaining cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"I'm sorry but this recipe just didn't make it for me. I think the problem was that the diced tofu didn't have any flavor. The dressing was very tasy, but the tofu didn't absorb enough of it. If you make this, try making the dressing a little ahead of time and marinating the tofu in it. The wraps were also runny and difficult to eat. After tasting the first wrap I decided they needed some kind of dipping sauce so I pulled some a bottle of Thai sweet chili sauce from the fridge. (If you can get it at an Asian market it's terrific with egg rolls, spring rolls, or batter fried shrimp.) I also tried to concoct a dipping sauce with two tablespoons of peanut butter, and a tablespoon each of low sodium soy and Vietnamese fish sauce. I thinned it down with some water and I thought it was alright. My son thought it was too salty and added some honey which improved it. The sauces helped a lot. If I ever make these again I might try using stir-fried chicken."
"Excellent! I will definitely make these again! The whole family enjoyed them!"
"Delicious! Tastes like something from a good bistro."