I couldn't keep this yummy, light lunch under wraps. The original recipe featured chicken, but I modified it for my vegetarian husband. Now both of us prefer the Thai-style tofu version. —Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu, onions, carrots, red pepper, 1/2 cup peanuts and remaining cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps in Country Woman March/April 2007, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review