Thai-Style Pork Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Lime juice, optional
- 1. Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar, pepper flakes and garlic; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork and cut into bite-size pieces; keep warm. Place cooking juices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peanut butter; add meat.
- 3. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts. Drizzle with lime juice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup (calculated without rice) equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Thai-Style Pork
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer