Thai-Style Peanut Pork Recipe
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. Place peppers in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place on top of peppers. Combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with pepper flakes. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Reserve 2 cups cooking juices; skim fat. Stir peanut butter into reserved juices.
- 3. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup pork mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 405 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer