Thai-Style Green Beans
Two for Thai, anyone? Peanut butter, soy and hoisin sauce flavor this quick and fabulous bean dish from Lexington, South Carolina’s Candy McMenamin.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Minced fresh cilantro and chopped dry roasted peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter
- and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute shallot and ginger in oil over medium heat
- for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green beans; cook and stir
- for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add reserved sauce; toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 168 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.