Two for Thai, anyone? Peanut butter, soy and hoisin sauce flavor this quick and fabulous bean dish from Lexington, South Carolina’s Candy McMenamin.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Minced fresh cilantro and chopped dry roasted peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute shallot and ginger in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green beans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add reserved sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thai-Style Green Beans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p33
Reviews for Thai-Style Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review