Thai-Style Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, basil, yogurt, lemon peel, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup to another bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. top with reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.