- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, basil, yogurt, lemon peel, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup to another bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. top with reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai-Style Chicken
"I've made this twice now and it has been a hit both times. It's nice to have something a little different from the usual flavors I cook with.. I used sour cream instead of plain yogurt and I used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breast. So juicy & tasty!"
"My husband and I didn't care for this recipe at all. The taste of lemon was too strong and the consistency of the yogurt is strange. I won't be making this again."
"This is similar to another marinade I make often, so I thought it would taste about the same, but it was better! Really delicious."
"This recipe is a definite keeper. The whole family, including a couple of terribly picky eaters, loved it. It couldn't have been easier to fix, either."
"Excellent flavors! Highly recommend this recipe"