From Story City, Iowa, Vicki Floden sends this finger-licking main course. Set the chicken in the peppery marinade a night early and there won't be much dinner preparation the following day.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, basil, yogurt, lemon peel, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup to another bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. top with reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai-Style Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai-Style Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review