- Remove brisket and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30
- minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok,
- stir-fry the carrots, peppers and onions in remaining olive oil
- until crisp-tender. Add peanuts if desired. Stir cooking juices and
- stir into vegetable mixture.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place rice on a large serving
- platter; top with meat and vegetable mixture. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without peanuts and rice) equals 505 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,455 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.