Thai-Style Black Bean Salad Recipe
A splash of lime juice brightens and binds all the flavors in this salad that's chock-full of good-for-you ingredients and fresh herbs. The perfect potluck dish for summer outings! I like to use roasted or grilled fresh corn. —Jennifer Wickes, Pine Beach, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook corn according to package directions. Transfer to a small bowl; add the beans, onion, celery, red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger and salt. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC