- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook corn according to package directions. Transfer to a small bowl; add the beans, onion, celery, red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger and salt. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Thai-Style Black Bean Salad
Sort By :
"I thought the sesame oil and cilantro were a little bit overpowering. Next time I cut back on both of those. I also wondered how a little mint would go in place of the cilantro. Anyway, it's a good solid recipe that I plan to use again, especially with fresh sweet corn."
"Excellent salad. I added fresh, diced zucchini to the recipe. I also decreased the sesame oil to 1 Tblsp + 1 tsp while increasing the rice vinegar and lime juice by 1 tsp each. I did this so it wouldn't be quite as oily while retaining the flavor. It helped cut about 90 calories for the entire recipe (23 less calories per serving) and was fabulous!"
"So good, zesty & fresh!!!"
"I love this recipe; it was easy to make and easy to keep in the fridge as a pull out dish on heart summer nights and better after a few days anyway"