This meal gets its Southeast-Asian flair from none other than chunky peanut butter, plus tangy lemon juice and cilantro. Adjust the red pepper flakes to change the heat factor.
Recommended: 25 Favorite Thai Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beef and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, oil, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over beef; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Thai-Style Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p27