- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beef and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, oil, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over beef; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Thai-Style Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p27
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Thai-Style Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review