Thai Steak Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium limes, halved and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, curry powder, lemon juice, 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 teaspoon pepper flakes; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef with lime slices if desired. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, remaining coconut milk and pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with steak skewers. Yield: 16 skewers (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 skewer with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 156 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Thai Steak Skewers
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer