Thai Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 ounces)
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Whisk in 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in remaining oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Divide romaine between two plates. Slice beef; arrange over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and basil; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 384 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Thai Steak Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.