Thai Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 ounces)
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and salt. Whisk in 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in remaining oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Divide romaine between two plates. Slice beef; arrange over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and basil; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 384 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Thai Steak Salad
"This was not close to being good or even passable.I would never make this again."
"We really enjoyed this salad. I doubled it for 3 of us including my teen son. Next time I might need to triple it. I topped it with chopped green onions."
"The recipe was really tasty. Not a true Thai flavor (I lived in Thailand for five years) but the dressing was delightful. After cooking the steak, I chopped it into bite-sized pieces for easier eating, and I chopped the nuts. Next time I will add chopped green onions on top."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.