Thai Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 head bok choy, trimmed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in artichokes and onions; top with bok choy.
- 4. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bok choy is wilted. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 214 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1013mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp
"I made this dish tonight and it was absolutely delicious. Will keep it as a regular main dish and have again and again."