Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry red peppers in hot canola oil for 1 minute. Add the snow peas, green onions and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until peanut butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Return red pepper mixture to skillet; heat through. Serve over fettuccine. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry mixture (calculated without pasta) equals 206 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.