Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe
Here's a deliciously different salad that blends grilled shrimp, a lean source of protein, with the low-calorie crunch of cucumber and onion. It's tossed and dressed with Thai flavors of sesame, cilantro, lime and refreshing mint. Annette Traverso - San Rafael, California
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir the reserved dressing; add the shrimp, onion and cucumber. Toss to coat. Divide lettuce among four salad plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Shrimp Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
This was okay fresh; I didn't prefer the way the leftovers tasted. It's something different and refreshing every once in a while.