Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir the reserved dressing; add the shrimp, onion and cucumber. Toss to coat. Divide lettuce among four salad plates; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 202 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp Salad
"This was okay fresh; I didn't prefer the way the leftovers tasted. It's something different and refreshing every once in a while."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.