- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; thread onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir reserved dressing; add the shrimp, onion and cucumber. Toss to coat. Divide lettuce among two salad plates; top with shrimp mixture and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thai Shrimp Salad for 2 in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp Salad for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review