Thai Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces thin flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- 1. Soak noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain noodles. Add noodles and cilantro to pan; heat through. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 361 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp Pasta
"This was just OK. We couldn't taste the coconut milk at all. I doubt I'll make it again."
"I really liked the rice noodles, and the whole thing had great flavor as well as being easy to prepare."
"I made it as stated. Not enough flavor made as is, I would add something more to it, then it wouldn't be this recipe. Maybe more curry, a little garlic and red pepper flakes."
"This a super unique and tasty way to prepare pasta. My husband and I loved it!There is a great Barilla pasta coupon here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/50-off-any-one-barilla-plus-pasta-50-at-kroger-through-10-26-if-included.html"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.