Thai Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces thin flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- 1. Soak noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain noodles. Add noodles and cilantro to pan; heat through. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.