Thai Shrimp Pasta
I came up with this recipe when my son was home from the Navy. He loves Thai food and I wanted to make something special but simple. There wasn't a noodle left in the bowl! —Jana Rippee, Casa Grande, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces thin flat rice noodles
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Soak noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- dry skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder until aromatic,
- about 1-2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or
- until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain noodles. Add noodles and cilantro to pan; heat through. If
- desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.