Thai Shrimp Pasta
I came up with this recipe when my son was home from the Navy. He loves Thai food and I wanted to make something special but simple. There wasn't a noodle left in the bowl! —Jana Rippee, Casa Grande, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces thin flat rice noodles
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Soak noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- dry skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder until aromatic,
- about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, shrimp, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain noodles; add to pan. Stir in cilantro; heat through. Serve with
- lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.