Thai Shrimp Linguine
"Yum" is what my family says when I serve this. With a squeeze of lime juice and a few sprigs of cilantro added at the end, you'll have a simple meal with complex flavors. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding snow peas and
- linguine at the same time.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook carrots and mushrooms in oil over
- medium heat for 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes
- longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in peanut sauce; heat
- Drain linguine and snow peas; transfer to a serving bowl. Top with
- shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups pasta mixture with 1 cup shrimp mixture
equals 599 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,814 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.