Thai Shrimp and Rice Recipe
Raisins and coconut milk add a lovely hint of sweetness to this Thai dish, and freshly grated lime peel and minced gingerroot give it a wonderful aroma and flavor. The meal-in-one features enough shrimp and snow peas to add a fun flair to weeknight menus.Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup each raisins and golden raisins
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, cut into thin strips
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, rice, vegetables, water, coconut milk, lime juice, coconut, raisins, garlic, lime peel and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Thai Shrimp and Rice in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review