Thai Shrimp and Noodles Recipe
Shrimp lovers will dive into this speedy skillet dish that gets its Asian flavor from ginger, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. “My family loves it,” writes Ramona Heflin of Farmersville, Ohio, who sent in the recipe.
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine shrimp and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the broth, cilantro, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet, saute carrots and onions in oils for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to vegetables; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and peanut butter mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC