Thai Shrimp and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 1,181 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.