Thai Shrimp and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 267 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp and Cabbage
"I love this recipe, quick and easy."
"Very good and healthy, too!"
"This is a great dish. I usually cook the cabbage a bit longer so it's nice and soft, and I also add sesame chili oil at the end to kick up the heat. Good stuff on a cold day!"
"Dieting, this was a wonderful addition...."