Thai Shrimp and Cabbage
"This spicy shrimp is absolutely wonderful served over shredded cabbage. When I'm in a hurry, I use packaged coleslaw mix instead," notes Beth Malchiodi of Brooklyn, New York. "It's a welcome change from rice."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2
- minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet,
- stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the
- shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with
- cabbage. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 1,181 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now