"This spicy shrimp is absolutely wonderful served over shredded cabbage. When I'm in a hurry, I use packaged coleslaw mix instead," notes Beth Malchiodi of Brooklyn, New York. "It's a welcome change from rice."
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Thai Shrimp and Cabbage in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Shrimp and Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review