- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and pepper. Add broth; stir until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce and peanut butter; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the onion and red pepper in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Thai Restaurant Chicken
Sort By :
Just making this now and wonder when the sesame oil is to be added...also recipe says divided?...my question is where do you divide it?
so good,my only problem was portion control! yummy!
Nice starter recipe for a person new to Thai cooking (that would be me). I added some curry, deleted the peppers and substituted carrot shreds and bean sprouts (raw, but did stir fry them first). I felt it needed a bit more zip so also added a touch of black pepper. Nice recipe, will make again.
Good and fairly easy to make. I added cilantro and a little Thai Red Curry Paste for added zip.
This was great. I added red pepper flakes and broccoli to the recipe. Will make again for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >