Thai Portobello Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 4 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the peanut sauce, teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and sesame oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry the sweet onions, celery and carrots in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 330 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1328mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Thai Portobello Chicken Stir-Fry
"the best ever , yum"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.