Thai Pork Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro and mint; set aside.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Slice pork and keep warm.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the cashews, salt, cayenne and pork; heat through. Stir in lime juice and sugar until blended. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Divide cabbage mixture between two serving plates. Top with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 361 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Thai Pork Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.