Thai Pork Salad Wraps Recipe
“You can substitute ground beef or chicken in the filling of these tasty lettuce wraps, seasoned with lime and cilantro.” —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook pork until no longer pink; drain. Stir in bread crumbs. Stir in the cilantro, mint, onions, lime juice, fish sauce and cayenne.
- 2. Top each lettuce leaf with 3 tablespoons each of pork mixture and cabbage. Roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
1 wrap equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC