Thai Pork Salad Wraps
“You can substitute ground beef or chicken in the filling of these tasty lettuce wraps, seasoned with lime and cilantro.”
—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook 15 min.
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook pork until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in bread crumbs. Stir in the cilantro, mint, onions,
- lime juice, fish sauce and cayenne.
- Top each lettuce leaf with 3 tablespoons each of pork mixture and
- cabbage. Roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.