Thai Pork Salad Recipe
Lime, cilantro and a little bit of heat create a unique Asian salad that’s out of this world. ”I love to try new recipes, like this one, for my husband and me,” writes Sharon Delaney-Chronis from South Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro and mint; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Slice pork and keep warm.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the cashews, salt, cayenne and pork; heat through. Stir in lime juice and sugar until blended. Remove from the heat.
- Divide cabbage mixture between two serving plates. Top with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thai Pork Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Pork Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >