Thai Pasta Side Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and oil.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to cabbage mixture. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 161 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thai Pasta Side Salad
"I had to downsize to two servings. This was different and delicious. I mixed the salad ingredients and refrigerated until ready to add the dressing. I let it sit at room temp for about 1 hour before serving....very good...will make again."
"Disappointed. Family did not care for it."
"Delicious and easy to prepare. Wonderful accompaniment to baked chicken."
"Be sure to use "seasoned rice vinegar". I used unseasoned..at first..then added seasoned instead..luckily it came out good."
"This recipe is out of this word fantastic!!"
"This salad is AWESOME! I have made it many many times and shared the recipe with many people! My bowl always comes home empty from potluck!"
"I have made this several times and took it to church potluck once, now I'm giving the recipe to everyone....they loved it!"
"We made this for Easter lunch to accomodate the vegetarians in our family and it was delicious! Leftovers kept well and I enjoyed it for lunch at work!"
"It makes me mad that you post recipe links that not everybody can access"