Thai Pasta Side Salad
A tasty peanut dressing lightly coats pasta and cabbage in this easy-to-make side dish that's perfect for potlucks or outdoor events. Try sesame oil instead of olive oil if you have some on hand. Laurie Davison - Clearwater, Florida
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers and onions. In a small bowl,
- whisk the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and oil.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to cabbage mixture. Pour
- dressing over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle
- with peanuts. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.