Peanut butter is one of Kelsie Wilson’s favorite foods. “I love it as a fresh-fruit dip, spread on pancakes, melted into oatmeal…and especially in this mild version of spicy Thai noodles,” says the Dallas, Texas reader.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, combine the broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, garlic
- and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with peanut butter mixture. Garnish with onion
- and peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and reduced-fat peanut butter) equals 413 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.