A little bit of Thai flavor spices up the party. Serve these chicken meatballs with the accompanying dipping sauce of coconut milk and curry. —Marisa Raponi, Vaughan, ON
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat curry paste over medium-high heat. Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with meatballs; sprinkle with additional cilantro and paprika if desired. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Thai Curry Meatballs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p16
Reviews for Thai Curry Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review