My husband and I love Thai food, but going out on weeknights can be challenging with busy schedules. I wanted to create a Thai-inspired dinner that could double as an easy lunch the following day. The beef is fantastic in this dish, but chicken or pork would be equally delicious!—Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown or white rice
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, hot sauce and lime wedges
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Place beef and pepper slices in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk coconut milk, beef stock, peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, honey and ginger; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from reserved juices. Shred beef with two forks. Return beef to slow cooker; stir in snap peas. Cook, covered, on low 45-60 minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with rice and, if desired, toppings of your choice.
Freeze option: Place cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Thai Coconut Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Thai Coconut Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review