- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown or white rice
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, hot sauce and lime wedges
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Place beef and pepper slices in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk coconut milk, beef stock, peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, honey and ginger; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from reserved juices. Shred beef with two forks. Return beef to slow cooker; stir in snap peas. Cook, covered, on low 45-60 minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with rice and, if desired, toppings of your choice.
Freeze option: Place cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Thai Coconut Beef
"Mmmm, this was really good! I love slow cooker recipes and this was a nice change from the norm. The only change I made was to add the red pepper with the snap peas so they didn't get mushy. Looking forward to trying this with chicken, hubby and I would like that even better. And spicing it up just a bit. Thanks for sharing!"