Thai Chicken Thighs
These very tender and moist chicken thighs come with a tangy peanut butter sauce that is irresistible.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- salsa, peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, Thai chili
- sauce, garlic and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 261 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,