Thai Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, Thai chili sauce, garlic and ginger; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 261 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Thighs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.