- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, Thai chili sauce, garlic and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Thighs(3)
Sort By :
This was excellent! I wanted extra sauce, so my changes were an additional 1/4 c salsa, 1 TBL ginger, 1 TBL fish sauce and I didn't add any jalapenos. Also thickened the sauce with crushed cashews.
Turned out very good. I don't see how anyone would need extra spice added to it unless you like extremely hot spicy dishes. My husband loved it, I probably could have added a little coconut milk to tame it down for myself. I love meals you can throw in a slow cooker! Will definitely make this again.
Amazingly, the whole family liked this, which never happens unless I'm making tacos. This was not very spicy. The flavor was not overwhelming at all. If I was just making this for my husband and I, I'd double the jalapeno, and maybe some red pepper. We just put sirracha on ours to accommodate our children with a milder sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >