- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in vegetable blend; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger and cayenne. Stir into chicken mixture; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
"Way to much of a peanut butter taste. I would only use an 1/8 cup if I ever decided to try it again. Definitely not a keeper."
"Made this last night using all fresh vegetables with fresh garlic and ginger as well. I don't like mushy vegetables. Any combination of fresh veggies would work. It's the sauce that makes it sort of Thai. I liked it and will make again."
"My first attempt at cooking Thai food was a success! Yum!~ Theresa"
"Sounds delish. How do you think it would be without the apple juice? I'd hate to have to buy a half-gallon of apple juice for a 1/4 cup amount needed."
"This was so delicious, my husband had three helpings!"
"This replaces my old favorite, very delicious! Even dh who isn't a Thai fan declared this a winner!"
"Pretty great, and my family enjoyed it. I might use fresh vegetables and reduced sodium soy sauce, next time. The frozen vegetables were slightly mushy is all."
"Love this is delish. Just made this today and will make again. It's spicy so watch out, but not to spicy where you mouth is on fire. Great recipe don't change a thang!!!!!!!"
"Big hit with everyone in the family - used fresh vegies and decreased cayenne for children's taste...yum!"
"Wish I could give 500 stars, this was the BEST stir-fry I've ever eaten in my life. The ingredients are so simple however the sauce is so unique tasting. Very inexpensive to make, very quick to prepare and on your table in no time and extremely tasty! This will be a staple in our home for years to come!!! Next time I may add some peanuts to it because I like a little crunch and for some reason peanuts seem like they would be good to add but that's for my own personal taste. AMAZING!"