Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
Carrie Hickam’s family in San Jose, California can’t seem to get enough of her fresh, colorful stir-fry salad with its spicy-sweet Asian flair. “They ask for it over and over,” she reports. CARRIE’S TIP: “I like to round out this easy dinner with a crusty loaf of sourdough bread.”
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots and red pepper for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine the spinach, onions and cilantro; set aside.
- 3. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Add chicken, carrots, red pepper and dressing to spinach mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups: 265 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC