Carrie Hickam’s family in San Jose, California can’t seem to get enough of her fresh, colorful stir-fry salad with its spicy-sweet Asian flair. “They ask for it over and over,” she reports. CARRIE’S TIP: “I like to round out this easy dinner with a crusty loaf of sourdough bread.”
Featured In: Healthy Main Dish Salad Recipes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots and red pepper for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the spinach, onions and cilantro; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Add chicken, carrots, red pepper and dressing to spinach mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Thai Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review