I try to buy fresh chicken when it's on sale. I cook a big batch in the slow cooker, then shred it and package it in amounts suitable for recipes like this. When I want it, it just needs to be pulled out of the freezer and defrosted! —Jeni Pittard, Canon, Georgia
- 3 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Add the chicken; heat through.
- Drain linguine. Serve with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thai Chicken Pasta in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review