Thai Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Add the chicken; heat through.
- 3. Drain linguine. Serve with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 409 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.